Ming-chi Kuo of KGI Securities has been forecasting Apple hardware details accurately for years now. He recently issued another research note with information on the new Apple iPhone 7 just days before its release.
None of the announcements, features, or specs seem shocking on their own, but together, they provide a pretty good idea of what Apple might have in store. Kuo has put his cards on the table. Let’s see what he has:
- There will be five color options instead of four. Rose gold, silver, and gold stay. Space Gray is going to be replaced by dark black, and a new color piano black will be introduced.
- Storage on the iPhone is also going to get a boost. The base model is going to come with 32 GB of storage. There will also be a 128 GB and 256 GB variant.
- The iPhone 7 Plus will come with 3 GB of RAM to help the performance of the dual-lens camera. The iPhone 7 will come with 2 GB of RAM.
- The dual lens camera system will come with a telephoto camera and a wide-angle camera, both having 12 MP sensors. This combination is going to offer optical zoom functionality and light field applications.
- The phone will also have IPX7 water resistance just like the Apple Watch.
- There will be no headphone jack as you might have already come to terms with. EarPod headphones with lightning connectors will come with the phone as well as a lightning to 3.5 mm jack adapter. What about the space the headphone took up? It will now be occupied by a new 3D Touch sensor.
- The A10 processor is clocked at 2.4 GHz which is much more than the A9’s 1.85 GHz. It’s manufactured by TSMC.
- This device will come with the same wide color spectrum like the 9.7 inch iPad Pro which matches the temperature of the display with ambient light.
- The camera’s flash is going to come with 4 LED’s, two cool and two warm.
- The earpiece receiver is going to be a speaker on its own. It will work together with the regular speaker to create stereo sound whenever the phone is in landscape mode.
- The proximity sensor is going to run on laser technology.
That’s a long list of features and they might or might not be true. The good news is, we just have to wait till September 7th to find out.
Article View Count: (36)