When you are running a small business, every single resource and every dollar spent on every resource makes a big difference. Yet, each dollar would have to be planned and spent since the resources are scarce and you would have to make the most of these scarce resources in order to get to the place where you have planned – the place of growth and scalability. Therefore, it is very important to get your hands on the right kind of resources that would be priced just right for you. The CRM or the customer relationship management tool that you use should also be at the most affordable price that you can find – preferably free.
You may wonder if anything comes for free anymore, and the truth is that you can find the most basic and even a few specific and feature heavy CRM software’s for free online. The right CRM software should, however, be chosen for its features and not just the price tag. But given the nature of competition in the field and how commonly embraced it has now become, more and more CRM platforms are offering their services for free. You would do well to consider your options. But before we understand why you need free CRM software, you should understand what a CRM software can do for you. Here are a few benefits:
- The right CRM software creates the right strategy between the data and the functions revolving around your marketing and sales efforts.
- It also helps you understand your customer and the market that the ideal customer exists in. You will have a complete analysis of the competition out there and how you can make a unique pitch for your segment and for a unique positioning.
- The big data that comes with your business presence online can be quite overwhelming. The right CRM software can help you capture the data that would actually make sense so that the right leads fall through the funnel for the best rate of conversion within these resources.
- Making your teams work better together is another tangible benefit of using a CRM software since it aligns the data with tasks and automates the notifications and the fulfillment of many monotonous tasks.
While these are only a few benefits of using a CRM strategy and a CRM software, there are many more that you can get when you bring in the right CRM software. Having said that, the right CRM software does not have to be an extremely expensive one. When you are running a small business, every resource is a precious one that should have plenty of thought behind the employment. A small business owner should typically look at employing a CRM software in the beginning for the following reasons:
- ROI and Profitability: Every resource and every dollar spent on each resource would have to count when you are running a small business. For example, if you are using 10% of your profits on a certain resource, it should typically bring in a 50% to 60% increase in your numbers or the revenue. This stands true for the CRM system that you use. Since it is difficult for CRM to start showing you immediate results, you should go in for one of the many CRM platforms that would give you many features. This would increase your ROI since anything earned on a free resource would be a profit. When you do this, you will be able to show growth that would also catapult you into a higher segment with much ease. In this way, you can also track profitability in a far better and more relevant manner.
- The Sales Pipeline: This would be one of the most important things that you align for your small business. The way you set up the sales pipeline would have a bearing on how fast and effortlessly your leads turn tiny customers. The sales pipeline should be equipped with the right data, the right functions and the right people who would be able to carry out these functions. When you have a CRM software, you would be able to set the sales pipeline and constantly improvise on it without incurring any kind of extra cost. This can help you understand whether or not that particular CRM software would be working for you.
- Upgrades and Integrations: With time, as you grow, your CRM software would need integrations and upgrades so that it is in a better position to cater to the needs of you and your team as well as the customers whom you want to service. The upgrade would have to come from the profits that you make when you employ the CRM system in the first place. So, it would be a good idea to find the right CRM software for free so that you can save up the profits to upgrade later, when you are definitely on a growth bound journey. This would help you make even more integrations since you would have preserved the profits for a higher spend at a later date. When you add a higher spend to growth that is already happening, it would have an exponential effort – like multiplying two very big numbers. Therefore, you should look for a CRM software that would offer you upgrades at a later date when you and your small business are most definitely growth bound.
- Client Management: This is one of the most important things that you can do with the help of CRM or customer relationship management. Now, there is a reason the word relationship shows up in this equation. From reach to engagement to a conversion, every piece of data and function points at the cementing of a relationship between you and your customers. You would be able to make the most of this with a free hand when you have a CRM software where you are not limited to a budget. This would help you build lasting relationships.