The upcoming Vivo brand smartphone, Vivo Y19, has been getting quite a few certifications in the recent past from different countries.
[Update: Nov 28, 2019]
Vivo Y5s vs Vivo Y19
Vivo 1915 model number belongs to the Vivo Y19 smartphone. Vivo Y5s is the rebranded version of Y19. In China, the phone will be released with the moniker Vivo Y5s and will have model numbers Vivo V1934A and V1934T. In other countries worldwide, the same phone will be released under the name of Vivo Y19.
The main difference between Y19 and Y5s is the RAM capacity available in the phones. Vivo Y19 has 8GB RAM whereas Y5s has just 6GB RAM. V19 comes in two different color options namely Magnetic Black and Sprint White. Vivo Y5s comes with one additional color variant – Blue. Apart from this, all other specifications are common to both the phones.
Vivo Y19 was launched in mid-October in Vietnam whereas Vivo Y5s was released in the first week of November in China.
Vivo Y19 Phone Specifications
- Processor: Octa-core MediaTek Helio P65 (12 nanometer) SoC with clock speed of up to 2GHz.
- Screen size: 6.53 inches
- Screen resolution: 1080×2340 pixels
- Dimensions: 162.2 mm (height) x 76.5 mm (width) x 8.9 mm (thickness)
- Weight: 193 grams
- Operating system: Android 9 Pie OS with Funtouch 9.2
- RAM: 8GB
- Internal storage capacity: 128GB
- Battery: 5000 mAh
- Fast charging speed: 18W
- Front (selfie) camera specs: 16MP, f/2.0 with 1080p@30fps video recording capabilities
- Rear (primary) camera specs: Triple camera with 16MP (wide-angle), 8MP (ultrawide) and 2MP macro camera. LED flash available.
Vivo Y19 Features
- Dual SIM slot
- IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Waternotch style display
- Mali G52 MC2 Graphics chip
- Micro SD slot with expandable memory up to 256GB
- 3.5mm headphone jack is present
- Supports Bluetooth 5.0 A2DP, LE
- Rear fingerprint sensor available
Vivo Y19 Price in Various Countries
- India: INR 13,990
- Thailand: THB 6999
- Malaysia: RM999
- Russia: RUB15,180
- Pakistan: PKR32,999
- Indonesia: IDR 3,243,000
- Singapore: SGD 322
- Price in USD: $230
- China (Vivo Y5s): Yuan 1498 (approx $213)
[Original: Oct 7, 2019]
The phone with model number Vivo 1915 (Y19) had already been certified by Russia’s Eurasian Economic Commission (EEC) and Indonesia’s TKDN authority in the past months. Last week, the same model number appeared in Thailand’s NBTC certification. This certification listing confirmed the moniker of the phone, namely Vivo Y19.
Going by the naming convention of Vivo, this phone could be the successor of the recently released Vivo Y17 phone which has a 6.35-inch display with HD+ resolution, powered by MediaTek’s Helio P35 SoC with a clock speed of 2.3 GHz.
Vivo Y19 had appeared in the WIPO trademark database in the month of June along with Vivo X30. Several other Vivo phone names have been trademarked till date and these might possibly be released in 2020.
The most recently filed trademarks have revealed names of several Vivo phones including Vivo NEX Pro, NEX Lite, NEX Neo, Vivox Pro and Vivox Lite. These were filed in the EUIPO region. Other trademarks in the NEX series found in the last couple of months are Vivo NEX V, NEX X, NEX Y, NEX Z and NEX Play. Under ‘Vivox’ naming, the company has filed Vivox APEX, Vivox S, U, Y, Z and Vivox iQOO as well.
Vivo X15, Vivo X23, Vivo X27, Vivo X29 and Vivo X30 are the upcoming phones in the X series. Vivo Z7 and Vivo Z9 are the upcoming phone monikers in the ‘Z’ series. The ‘Y’ series phones include Vivo Y11 (2019), Y20s, Y30s and Y70.
Stay tuned for more updates on these phones.